Sunday, January 18, 2015

Day 241

I tried Yoga yesterday and today. If you know me I am not a "yogi". That is not my style and it's not something I've ever been Interested in. My surgeon and my PT have both suggested I do yoga to help with flexibility and my "grandma body". I agree that it's a good idea for my body but I've been reluctant to try it. I tried some videos a fee years ago and I hated it so much I just quit. 

My shoulder has been strained for about 5 weeks now and my unoperated hip has been hurting lately. When I did my yoga routines I found off of Pinterest/YouTube I had to modify a lot for my shoulder and the tightness in my hips but I will admit (and I hate to admit) I felt very relaxed and my body felt great afterwards. Since I can't do a whole lot due to the fact I'm not fully recovered, I need to add some other fitness routines to my life. The elliptical is so boring and I haven't been able to try running yet due to my other hip. My full range of motion is much better, like being able to sit Indian style. So you can see that yoga isn't easy for me. I think it will help me in my recovery &  I think this is something I will learn to enjoy and something I will truly benefit from.


No comments:

Post a Comment