Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Day 40 - almost 6 weeks post op

I had my 6 week follow up with the surgeon today. Well, I should say his PA since I still haven't seen the man that actually operated on me. Ugh. Lucky for him I really like her. 

She said I look great and am actually ahead of schedule. She said it was ok to advance to Phase 2 of PT. Basically that means I can start doing the elliptical, stair climber, things like half squats... More intense workouts. So what did I do?? Went straight to the gym!! 

I got on the elliptical for just 5 min. I couldn't go any faster than about 3.2 but I'm ok with going slow. Even just 5 min on that thing gave me a workout. 

I forgot to mention that I stopped using the shower stool when we went to Vegas (obviously) so I've been on my own for a little over 1 week. I still can't bring my leg up to shave or to wash my feet. I just prop up my leg on the tub to shave it and I just bend my knee to about 90* and reach as best I can to get to my foot. Sometimes I use a loofah if I'm not feeling so flexible. 

I'm so excited to slowly start to transition back to normal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment