Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Day 33 Week 5 PT Re eval

I went to PT today for my re eval. He measured my progress. I can flex my hip to 110* & abduct out at 30* which is at/past where I should be. Abducting is bringing your leg out to the side away from your body. We did more exercises like that today and I got to start doing bridges. He also added some resistance on the reformer. He said that I'm doing awesome and that if he didn't have to follow my surgeons protocol he would let me start doing some more intense things. Maybe next week (I don't have therapy for the rest of this week) 

He said that I'm ok to start going to the gym to do upper body and the bike. Some therapist and drs don't want you to do dumbbell work early on because your core isn't strong like it used I be so you start using other muscles to compensate. As long as I don't feel anything in my hip I'm good to go. 

I get so excited about these little things because that's just getting me 1 step closer to my normal life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment