Monday, June 9, 2014

Day 18

At therapy today I got to get on a real stationary bike for almost 10min...might've been a little longer than 10 actually. I felt like I was on it forever when she came back to get me. She told me it would be 5min. Oh well I was happy. 

I'm walking on my own without a crutch but my leg tires out quick. I have no problem going to the bathroom or to he kitchen but I'm not ready for a full day without it. I did sweep all the hardwood floors today without any assistance. That went just fine. Any pain that I experience is in my lower quad from being used. I have yet to experience any pain in my hip since surgery. I had a little pinch feeling in my hip yesterday from sitting in a chair for dinner at my neighbors house. Sat in that same 90* bend for a little too long but once I switched positions and got moving it was fine. 

At therapy she even had me start to cross my leg over my other leg. That's a big deal!! I can put my right ankle over my left shin and internal/external rotate my leg. Great progress. 

Just got news we are 99% going to Vegas this weekend for a few days for a last min anniversary trip. We got married in Vegas 6 years ago. Our anniversary isn't until the 27th, so a tad early but anniversary trip none the less. Already looking at Rascal rentals. I wonder if I'll get a SUI???? Scootering under the influence?? 

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Have fun on your trip! Hubby and I went to Vegas last year for our anny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember how awesome it was to finally get my ankle up onto the other other leg, like a real crossed leg! I was just happy I could finally get my socks on myself :)

    ReplyDelete