Thursday, June 19, 2014

4 weeks post op

Today was a big day for me. We just got back from Vegas last night. My husband rented a scooter for me so I wouldn't have to walk everywhere but that backfired. There are just too many people walking the streets in Vegas it ended up giving me an anxiety attack trying to get around. So I walked with my 1 crutch for 3 days. I did really well. I pretty sure the one day we walked 8 miles if not more than that. I was never in agonizing pain but by the end of the day (which was usually around 3am) I was spent. While I was there my scab fell off. So here is what my scar looks like now. 

was told by the surgeon not to go in the pool since my scar wasn't completely healed so I just went in to above my knee. When I laid out in the sun I covered my scars with bandaids. I was also told I should take 325mg of aspirin 2x/day over the course of the trip and to wear my compression socks on the plane since there is still a chance of getting a blood clot.

I had therapy today and my PT said they should put in orders for patients to go to Vegas after surgery for rehab purposes because I had better range of motion than I did before I left hahaha. We did my normal stretches and the bike. I got to go on a reformer today. 



It's a Pilates machine that's like a leg press. I did great on it with no problems. She even added some ankle weights when I did my hamstring curls. She also said I could start doing some pool therapy and she mentioned squats in the pool. I heard squats and my heart skipped a beat 😜 Can't wait to do some real exercises!!! In do time....

Today was the 1st day I drove. I was told at my follow up with the surgeon that around Week 3 I could start driving but I was too scared and not ready to try. I drove to therapy by myself and ended up driving all over town today. I didn't use my crutch at all today. I'm going to completely ween myself off of it.  It felt good to have some normalcy again.

No comments:

Post a Comment