Sunday, June 22, 2014

Ouchie

This is a post that anyone who has had this surgery before can relate to. For those embarking upon it...keep this in the back of your minds. 

I'm almost at the 5 week out mark. Over the past 4 days I have not used crutches AT ALL and I have been driving. You don't realize how much more of your body you're using, even without the aide of 1 crutch. I figured if I am walking great with 1 crutch I must be good to go. NO. I am so tired and sore by the end of the day it's crazy. Nothing unbearable by any means but tired and spent none the less. 

The point of this post is a reminder that I am not 100% yet, even tho I have my moments when I forget I had hip surgery. I feel good and without thinking I go to take a side step or turn/twist and quickly I'm reminded I'm still healing. I accidentally externally rotated my leg TWICE today and that is honestly the worst pain I've ever felt in my life. Going downstairs without concentrating on going slow or with balance will send a jolt up your leg. Just be mindful of the steps you take. Go slow and use cation still....or you will pay for it later on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment