Thursday, May 22, 2014

Day 1

Well the surgery went great. Got up to the Cleveland clinic at 6am for 730 surgery. I don't rember much going into the OR and the next thing I know I'm in the recovery room and it's almost time to go home. I woke up and the brace was already on me. They anchored the labrum down and shaved the head of my femur to fix the FAI. I surprisingly didn't feel nauseated at all after surgery, just a little groggy. Took awhile for me to finally see clearly and that bothered me more Than anything. My throat is a little sore from the tube and from being so dry, so I'm talking like I'm losing my voice. Ate some Lorna dunes and drank all the water I could get my hands on haha. The nurse helped me to the bathroom and helped me change. I was in a lot of pain (still am) but I felt way better than I thought I was going to feel

We finally get home and start walking towards the house on my crutches. Andy (my husband) went ahead of me to open the door and told me to stay put. Of course I didn't listen. Next thing I know I lost balance and without thinking put my operated leg down to steady myself. I had a nerve block and had zero feeling or control in my leg, I screamed and down on the concrete I went. Andy came running. The fall didn't hurt but scared the shit out of me. Now my hip hurts noticeably worse so then I began to panic that I screwed something up. Andy and the neighbors' friend came
Running to help me up and they carried  me into the house. I did great with a walker at the hospital so for now I'm switching to my walker (complete with tennis balls on the bottom) Andy thinks I am more than likely fine. He said my crutches went flying and that I landed perfectly on my left side with my bad leg straight out. He doesn't think I twisted it. I hope he's right.  From then on I slept pretty much the rest of the day. 

I ate some subway and took my pills. I had pb&j for dinner. I was expecting to be sick and I am glad I didn't have to start with broth or jello. The medicine isn't touching my pain tho. Pills are basically tic tacs to me. I have a high pain tolerance so I guess if the Percocet doesn't help oh well. They gave me Valium too. I'm gonna take that before bed and see how that goes 

Had 4 visitors today; mom, gma, and my neighbors. My mommy brought me flowers and the other brought food haha. 

PT starts tomorrow. This should be interesting 


1 comment:

  1. So sorry abut your fall. The medicine didn't do much for me until the next day, really. Good luck at PT! Can't wait to hear how that goes and some of your stretches!

    ReplyDelete