Tuesday, May 20, 2014

My sanctuary, the gym

Surgey is on Thursday. Tomorrow is looking like a day of cleaning the house and getting everything ready. I'm at the gym right now for what I think is going to be the last time for awhile. Even tho I haven't been able to workout how I normally do, being at the gym has helped my spirits. I feel like I belong here. I love working out. Sounds crazy but I like how I feel when I'm done, I like the feeling of getting stronger everyday, and I of course like the results. 

I already have seen changes in my body that I am not happy with. My stomach is bloated and flabby looking. I had been making huge progress in that area before my injury. All down the drain. I've lost muscle. My legs were so strong and now they're back to jiggly. My cellulite was almost invisible when my legs were at their best and now it's back with a vengeance.  

Not going to lie I'm worried about sitting around for 3 months and eating. I don't wanna go backwards. I know it's time to concentrate on resting and getting better but let's face it, I'm worried about getting fat. 

I'm already missing exercise. Can't wait to get back at it!!! 

1 comment:

  1. Girl I feel you. So far, I've had a great recovery, and was back in the gym lifting weights today, at 8 days post op. Lifting the same heavy weight too, I didn't even have to decrease at all! It sucks to not be able to do cardio, though. I haven't been eating great either. We can do it together, and be accountability partners. I'm going to look for you on Facebook bc that might be an easier way of communicating, :)

    ReplyDelete