Friday, May 23, 2014

Day 2

I don't plan on blogging every single day but I'm pretty proud today.  I woke up at 430-5 bc I couldn't stand laying on my back anymore. It was killing me. I'm a side/toss around sleeper. Not cool. Well I needed to get up to pee, get some breakfast and take my Meds. Andy want awake yet and I didn't want to bother him. I got up and out of bed alone. Went to the bathroom had no issues. Went to the kitchen to get my ice pack and got into my chair in the living room...all by myself. Pretty pumped. Hurting a lot more today tho. I think my nerve block is starting to wear off. 

Then off to my first PT session. We just did a couple basic exercises I do on my own. I have to pump my heels, flex my quads, then gluteus, then hammies, then abs. Andy is going to have to pick up my leg and roll it gently in circles and rock my leg side to side. This all is just to get my hip moving so it doesn't stiffen up. As I'm typing this I'm laying on my stomach. Supposed to do this a lot throughout the day to stretch the front of my hip. Boy is it uncomfortable. 

Back track for a min....after PT Andy wanted to get food and asked if I was up for sitting down somewhere. And I was like yea sure....so we went to Papa Dons (yes people we went back there. Food is great and no scumbags in sight. 
I did fine at the restaurant. I just had to bring my plate to my face to eat bc I couldn't bend forward over the table

Most people I've heard/read about don't move around in public this soon. Although I'm in pain and the Percocets aren't doing shit I think I'm doing pretty well. I just doubled up on Percocets (it's on 10mg doubled) to see if that will help w my pain. 

Memorial Day is Sun and if I can keep this up I definitely won't miss the cookout and sitting in the sun 

1 comment:

  1. How on earth do you flex your hammies?? I'm cyually flexing my flutes as I type. I do PT exercises twice a day!

    ReplyDelete